With a rental car, you can explore each city at your own pace.
Traveling in the North of Peru will allow you to visit places still little known, cradle of ancient civilizations such as the Chachapoyas, the men of the clouds, or the cultures of the coast, the Chimú, Mochica, Chavín and you will have the privilege of being in the center of modern archeology, but also in the current urban and agro-industrial activity of the towns and peoples that are found throughout the 900 km of the Panamerican North.
You will visit very diverse archaeological regions, including a large number of pyramidal structures called “Huacas” of impressive dimensions and extensions.
Reception at Puerto Maldonado airport (flight from Lima or Cusco)
After your arrival, boat trip (approximately 2.5 hours) to Refugio Amazonas.
Night at the lodge – dinner – night and breakfast
Morning excursions in Refugio Amazonas by boat to Tambopata Research.
Many excursions “ à la carte” “ are available there.
Full board at the Lodge
Choose your tours: Different excursions possible (e.g. parrot watching, jaguar watching, research, bird watching, boat trips, night hikes and many more).
Discover the Amazon region in a special way.
Full board at the Lodge
Early morning departure from the lodge and transfer to Puerto Maldonado airport.
(Flight to Lima or Cusco)
Your personal travel advisor will build a tailored itinerary.
Experience all tours in private, unless otherwise indicated.
Knowledgeable, professional and passionate staff and guides.
24/7 emergency assistance from English speaking staff.
– All Peruvian domestic flights listed / in economy classü Accommodation in a double room in mid-range hotels (single accommodation in Leimebamba) (bed and breakfast basis).
– Airport transfer on the day of arrival.
– The city tour of Lima on 2.
– The Nissan X-Trail 4×4 or similar rental car from day 3 to day 13. (Main program)(or until day 16 if extension B) incl.Unlimited mileage.
– All-risk insurance without excess.
– Liability insurance up to 2 million euros.
– Assistance at the reception of the vehicle.
– Smartphone as navigation device.
– One-way rental Lima- Chiclayo (main program) or Lima- Tumbes (if extension B).
– The Green Climate Environmental Contribution.
– A tourist guide on the North of Peru and itinerary (maps).
– The long-haul flight to Lima.
– Gasoline costs, tolls on the motorway and parking, fines, tips.
– The additional insurance for a second driver.
– Visits, entrance fees and tourist guides.